Elementor Extras offers multiple licenses for purchase that entitle you to free updates and technical support. Some licenses, such as the Single Site and Unlimited, expire after one year and require renewal. If you renew such a license before it expires, you can do so at a 30% discount. You will receive a renewal notice by email before it expires with relevant information and a link to renew it.
Licenses require activation on your website. After your purchase you should receive an email with your license key. Activating a license is done via the WordPress admin area under Elementor > Extras > License. Enter your license key in the license field and click Activate.
You can activate licenses on local environments and live staging and development sites without limit and they won’t take from your allowed activations count. You simply need to run your plugin on a URL that matches one of these patterns:
Sometimes activating a license might fail. The causes can be multiple, but you will receive a message informing you of the reason for the failure. Below you can find information on what you need to do in each separate case:
- Your License Has Expired — you need to renew your license before you can activate it again
- Your License is Inactive — You license has been disabled by us due to a refund request or, in rare cases, in case of breach of the Terms and Conditions
- Invalid License — The license key is incorrect. You should double check the license you received by email or log into your account and retrieve it from there
- License Mismatch — License re-activation is required because of a change in domain name. This happens if you migrate a websites’ database from one domain to another. The old domain is still the one active so you need to re-activate your license on the new domain. If you have a Single Site license, this means you first need to de-activate the license from your account by going to your account Licenses page and click Manage Sites to remove the old URL before you can activate it on the new site.
- Activation Limit Reached — You have a Single Sites license or another license without unlimited activations and you need to upgrade your license. If you think you still have domain activations left, you might have domains active which you are not aware of. Go to your account and remove any sites.
- Could not connect to server — An error occurred when communicating with our activation server. Please check with your hosting provider or your system administrator and make sure a firewall is not blocking the outgoing connection to our server IP, which is 22.214.171.124. Ask your hosting provider to whitelist this IP. If this is not the case, please contact us with your System Info from Elementor and the error code provided with this message so we can assist.
- An error occurred — This is a generic error message. Please wait for a while and try again. If the issue persists, please contact us.
If you wish to upgrade your license you can do so in your account in the Licenses page. Click the View Upgrades link on the right to get a list of available upgrades and their costs.
If your license has expired, you will not be able to upgrade before you renew your license.
Upgrading to another limited license
Upgrade prices for yearly licenses are calculated by subtracting the price of your current license from the price of the new license. From the resulting amount we also subtract an amount corresponding to the time spent using your current license. We do this because, when you upgrade, the expiration date for your license does not change. That is done by renewing licenses.
Some licenses expire after one year, which means you will have to renew / extend them. You can do so on the Licenses page by clicking Extend License. If you renew a license before it expires you can do so with a 30% discount.