The Slide Menu widget is a very simple and useful navigation element perfect for your Offcanvas widget. It allows you to navigate to sub menu items similarly to mobile apps without the need for dropdowns. A back button is available for any sub menu view.
When we built the Offcanvas widget in Elementor Extras 2.0, we realised there is no great way to create a suitable navigation widget for any offcanvas element. The current Elementor Nav Menu widget is great but sub-menus expand downwards and you end up with scroll inside the offcanvas panel, making it a bit annoying to navigate through it.
The Slide Menu widget also has a few animation options so that you can make it yours. Check the settings below to find out how to configure it.
- Menu — Choose the WordPress menu you would like to use
- Back Label — The text for the “Back” button
- Effect — The effect for transitioning to sub-menus
- Overlay — The sub-menu overlays on top of the current menu
- Push — The sub-menu pushes the current menu on entering the view
- Direction — The direction towards which the sub-menu slides. Can be “Top”, “Right”, “Bottom” or “Left”.
- Transition Duration — In milliseconds, how long the transition should last.
- Link Navigation — If turned on, instead of linking menu items to their respective URLs, visitors will click these items to navigate to their sub-menus.
- The style options for the widget are straight-forward. If you need help with them, please let us know by opening a support ticket.